Wednesday, August 24, 2011

recent finishings

Over the last week and a half or so I've been going through my UFO pile and thought I should really get something finished. I have a terrible habit of starting something, going flat tack at it and then getting distracted just before the end is nigh. I've had this quilt-top on the go since Archer was a teeny tiny thing in my womb. yep, I started it when I found out I was pregnant with him and then kind of lost it. It was originally intended to be a cot quilt for him but I think I'll stash it away for a maybe baby instead. Y'know, seeing as Archer is in a bed now...



cot quilt/baby floor rug


cot quilt/baby floor rugcot quilt/baby floor rug

I started this Cardigan for Finley sometime last winter and it has sat in the pile minus one sleeve until now. It was started back when he was an average sized 2 year old and I was thinking it would be too big for him then and would be perfect for this winter. Well, children grow and as it happens, Finley grew A LOT  into a tall-for-his-age 3 year old. Lucky for me his little brother is also a lanky thing and it is just a little too big (and very long in the arms, but I like a bit of fold-back anyway). And really, blue is more A's colour than F's...

miles too big cardi

and seeing as I finished two things on the pile, I rewarded myself by starting something I've wanted to do for a while. It just needs binding now, not my favourite task and with limited time on my hands I'm having trouble getting enthused. Lets hope it doesn't join that pile...

picnic rug in the making

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous - all of it! I have a pretty big UFO pile and mending pile too! I also now wish I hadn't passed on all those vintage sheets I saw at the op shop yesterday!
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome awesome awesome!!! I'm exactly the same as you in regards to finishing projects, can't understand how I can be SO close to finishing something and then lose enthusiasm! With this recent sewing burst, I'm trying to force myself to finish each thing before I move on, because once the bug is gone, I know I won't go back to any of these projects for a loooooong time (evidence in the fact that I'm finishing projects I started a year ago...).

    Also, classic that we both got motivated to make the Handmade Home picnic blanket AT THE SAME TIME!!!! We are sooooo on a wavelength, as you said! Can't wait to see yours properly, and I cheated with the binding on mine, because I can't stand sewing with binding!!

    Beautiful projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no.no.no!!! this quilt is anti-UFOs - in fact it doesnt even BELIEVE in UFOs - so there is NO WAY its gonna join the pile.
    i think you need a deadline...and motivation to meet the deadline...hmmmm~~~~
    some succulents in a tin gravy boat?? i'll do it! ...if you do the binding.
    deal.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love getting stuff finished, it happens far too rarely around these parts, too.
    That cot quilt is especially darling, is that what they call stacked coins? Something like that, aye? It look lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)