or rather, our last finny friday....
While Archer is off having his last day at daycare today Finley and I (who is currently napping) have been enjoying our last day together with just him and I for a while. this morning I asked him what he wanted to do today and he had 3 requests 1. play with his 'Lightening Mcqueen' Lego (which is usually a bit hard with Mr archer-interference around) 2. watch Dora, and 3. bake chocolate.
So 'bake chocolate' is what we did. I spotted this recipe a few days ago while blog-hopping and thought it the perfect reason to have a go. All 3 of the boys in this house are huge chocolate fans and the fact that this brownie has no chocolate, just Cocoa, makes it appeal even more. Now I'm just waiting for mister mini-baker to wake up to see if it gets his seal of approval! (but just between you and me ~ I've already tried it and it's the richest, gooiest brownie. SO good... you wouldn't even know it was made with cocoa!)
I wish this cheeky face would stay three years old forever. I'm going to miss our Fridays together.
Hope you all are having a lovely Friday!
also :: we also made a batch of orange and white chocolate muffins, which are super yummy. I will share the recipe soon, so keep an eye out!



What a delightful day! I have four daughters (the youngest are twins), so it was always difficult to have 'one on one' time with each of them as they grew up.
ReplyDeleteI can tell you, though, that it's definitely worth the effort! Those memories (and the closeness they engender) last a lifetime! XXO-
That brownie is on my 'to do' list too. Just waiting for an occasion though, cause I know if we make it just for us it'll be GONE in about five mins flat...
ReplyDelete