we've had beautiful spring-like weather lately. It's been good to give those boots a rest. I found the turquoise top last week, whilst on my awesome op-shopping stint. I instantly fell in love with the neckline and for $2 I wasn't saying no!
outfit details :: turquoise top, thrifted. grey tee, homemade. cardi, jeans west (ancient). skirt, thrifted. tights, Kmart. shoes, thrifted.
Some other things:
- I finished that blanket last night. It was christened at the beach today but of course I forgot my camera. duh.
- The boys have been a millions times happier in the last 2 weeks, since leaving their Porse carer. But I forgot just how many questions a 3 year old can ask in a day and how ridiculously silly 3 year old boys act. Also, we have a week of rain forecast next week and I'm dreading the cabin fever.
- A couple of months ago, Finny nicknamed Arch 'Troll' after hearing me complain to a friend about Archers sleeping habits... (he's SO hard to convince to nap during the day). Archer of course has picked up on it and is quite partial to walking around saying "troll, troll. troll, troll troll..." (it could be worse????)
- I have been having a clear out and have a pile of 'squidgyums' clothes to photograph to list on Felt at low prices, so I can make some room for a couple of new projects I am working on. I really did try to get back into 'squidgyums' stuff again but the inspiration for it all is just not there anymore. Hopefully next week I'll get into listing it all.
- for the last 6 weeks, Finley has been working SO hard to fill a star chart so he can see the lions at Paradise Valley Springs. He has one star space left and here's hoping a pair of dry Pull Ups in the morning will mean we are of to Rotorua for the day tomorrow. Prepare for photos......!!


I love the kids clothes you make and have been waiting for a good excuse to buy some. A sale sounds great!
ReplyDeleteThe weather has been odd ... first snow in many parts of the country and now this fine spell. We are in the Hawkes Bay and have had some T-shirt and shorts weather these last couple of days.
Enjoying your blog,
Jen x
go Finley, go!!
ReplyDeletei'm dealing with the transition from sitting to standing while peeing. GAH! i'm all like, 'push yer bum forwards! hold it at the top not at the end! watch what you're doing! no! push your bum FORWARDS!! where is it aiming? get your fingers away from there!!"...*shame*...i terrify the poor kid into a good old fashioned wees-freeze.
i need to google tips on it. i'm useless AS.
ps can't wait to see pics of the picnic blanket!! hurrah :)
make sure you tell me when you update your shop!! I'd love to get some more things!!
ReplyDeleteOooh, I LOVE the new top. Gorge!
ReplyDeleteAlso love the not-looking-at-the-ground picture : ) I know how tempting it is to leave them out!
xx
(sorry for bombardment of comments, am catching up!)