Thursday, August 11, 2011

super simple jumper to cardi restyle

I'm not usually inclined to wear jumpers (I don't find them very flattering for my body type) but when I found this lovely vintage 100% cashmere jumper for $3 in a tiny Hastings op shop, I just couldn't leave it behind.

IMG_6746

I originally thought I'd just embroider all over the front of it, but impatience and common sense got the better of me ~~ because I'd REALLY never wear a jumper unless it has a hood attached! After a bit of brainstorming, a bit of snipping, some sewing and some trimming, I've got myself a cute new cardigan! Because a girl can never have to many Cardi's.

IMG_6786

(terrible dark photo sorry, the weather is just not co-operating today!!)


IMG_6797

IMG_6774

yep. successful projects = happy Kristin!

7 comments:

  1. That is so gorgeous! I want!!! Definately going to look out for something with the potential for this restyle next time I'm at the oppy!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gasp* all those button holes!! go you - brave, brave lady!! :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason I can't see the first photo properly (dont worry, I think its my own fault) so I can't see what you transformed - but the cardi looks AMAZING. Did you put the lace trim on it and everything? Talent!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fantastic Kristen...you look so beautiful in the pics too...nice to see a close up shot! I scored an awesome mossy green Italian merion turtle neck with button cuffs that someone has shrunk. I'm gunna whip it into a cardy for Anya, well eventually...hopefully before Summer! lol xx

    P.S my verification word is Diked? WT? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! A cardi can be so much more practical than a jumper too. Love the pretty lace detail. Nice blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)