I absolutely adore oranges. By far my favourite fruit. Luke finds it peculiar ~ apparently 'favourite' fruit need to be rare or only attainable for small portions of the year, or some such thing ~ Apparently oranges are too common. Anyway, I've been extending my love of the stuff into my baking lately too and thought these were too good not to share!
(note :: I'm thinking you could add even more orange juice/zest if you wanted too ~ I was only willing to spare one orange!!)
(note :: I'm thinking you could add even more orange juice/zest if you wanted too ~ I was only willing to spare one orange!!)
Orange and White (or dark if you prefer) Chocolate Muffins
2 cups Flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 to 3/4 cup white chocolate (or dark) buttons
1 egg
1/4 cup oil (or melted butter ~ I only use oil because it's cheaper!)
1 cup plain yoghurt
zest and juice of 1 orange
In a largish bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Add sugar and chocolate buttons and mix well.
In a separate bowl, lightly beat the egg. Add oil, yoghurt, orange juice and zest and mix together well.
Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients, add wet mix to the dry and mix, being careful not to over mix.
Put into muffin tins and bake at 180 C for about 20 mins.
~~ happy weekend!! ~~
oranges are my favourite too! they are so so so so so so so good! and I only eat NZ ones cos the american and australian ones taste like 'petrol'. hehe. no true.
ReplyDeletedoesn't help i grew up on a citrus nursery!!!
yum yum!
Yum!!!These sound so good and easy. I've copied it so we can make them next week:) Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteSounds divine....just been given a bag of oranges too! J.xx
ReplyDeleteOh yum! Thank you for sharing the recipe :)
ReplyDelete