Wednesday, August 17, 2011

thirft luck happiness

It's been a while since I had a good op-shop haul, so I was pretty excited yesterday when I got home from a super lucky trip to the oppies in Te Puke. I came away with all of the following, plus a few more bits and bobs (more fabric, a couple of kids aprons, some embroidered doilies and a couple of cute vintage jumpers which were all on the line while I was taking these photo's), and I had change from $60. That's what makes it so addictive.


thrift haul

It's so hard to come across good quality 2nd hand Tupperware, so I couldn't leave the cereal container behind, even if $4 is more than I'd usually pay. And now my milk powder has a home. The brown plastic canister (50c) is now housing my baking powder and I thought I'd turn the big glass jar ($2)  into a terrarium, but on second thoughts it's still a bit small for what I'm after for that certain project. No idea what I'll do with the crystal bottle but at $1.50 it was too cute to leave behind. And those swans? They're actually salt and pepper shakers - minus the stoppers - $3 for the pair.

IMG_6946

I have a soft spot for little dishes with pretty patterns and who can say no to beautiful embroidered linens?? all were $1 each.

IMG_6948

I scored a stack of things to alter and/or restyle... 

fabric haul. 

a huge pile of fabric (this is just my favourites!)

IMG_6950

and some new (old) shoes ideal for spring!

The only problem I have when I go op shopping though.... the more luck I have, the more I want to buy! yep, addicted.

6 comments:

  1. awesome scores Kristin!! Man, days like that are the absolute best! Though as I write that, I am looking around at my incredibly messy house (sewing day today), and think that maybe I don't need any more stuff... For now...

    I wanna see the kiddy aprons too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a read through of your blog and just wanted to mention that if you're looking for something to do with the littlies, you should check out a Playcentre in your area. (I'm guessing you're in Papamoa/Mt? - unfortunately they're both full with waiting lists but I know Te Puke Playcentre and Welcome Bay Playcentre both have room. :) ) Playcentre just released a video about what they do - it's on my blog here: http://lostinaseaofblogs.wordpress.com/2011/08/14/playcentres-gone-viral/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did really well! Have you been to that op shop down Papamoa East? I always find awesome things there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristin! Just had to comment (it's been a while, huh...) lucky you on your op shop finds!!! I love the swans, would never have guessed they were salt and pepper shakers. Have you ever been to the second hand china shop on the left (kind of in the industrial area) just before you enter Te Puke? It is an unlikely building from the outside but it is amazing on the inside... not as fun as op shopping because it is super expensive but I love to go for a browse (and dream about all the pretty tea sets!) There are more gorgeous things in one place there than I've ever seen in my life! They have a ton of Crown Lynn too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)