Tuesday, August 2, 2011

toastie hoodie

IMG_6688

IMG_6691

IMG_6689

while we where away I finished this toasty number for Finley. Just in time for the icy blast we had this time last week too. This is the biggest piece of knitting I've ever completed and I'm quietly quite proud of myself and my short attention span for sticking it out. Even if I did cheat a little (I used two strands of double knit and big needles!). I took inspiration and the basic instructions from this pattern and adjusted it as needed, to accommodate my thick yarn and large needles.

I'm of to cuddle a poor itty-bitty boy who has a sore, bruised and swollen nose after being pushed off the couch by his big brother this morning. we have our fingers crossed it's not broken ~ can toddlers even break their noses? especially one with not much nose to break?! who knows (... yeah bad pun.)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!! And I hope you had a fab holiday.. I never want to leave Hawkes Bay when I'm visiting, and yearn for it when I return... So beautiful down there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it just blows my mind. knitting that is. i can't believe people can do that. way too much concentration for me.
    hope lil archie-boo is ok.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome Kristen! wish I had a Muma sized one

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)