Wednesday, October 19, 2011

more painting stuff

I don't know what it is lately but I'm finding I'm getting a whole lot more enthused about getting out the paint brushes, rather than lugging out my sewing machine.

After our last fishies passed away a couple of months ago and we moved the aquarium away until such times as we give it away, we've had a big blank wall in it's place that has been annoying me. While not one for loads of clutter, I like to have things in empty spaces. Makes it feel a bit more homely. So I dug out one of the old Dressers I had shoved in the spare room to keep it out of sight to put in it's place. I forgot to take a before picture, but it's top strip of veneer was peeling off and it's covered in scratches and watermarks from it's previous owner (we inherited a set of these when we moved into this house). A bit of furniture oil, and some white paint later, I've breathed a bit of new life into it. And I've solved some of my storage problems at the same time, bonus!


IMG_7744

IMG_7745

IMG_7746 

I also painted up some stones we bought home at Easter, from our trip up the coast, to cover up one of the more noticeable watermarks on top of it. Now I just have to try and convince little fingers to leave them be!

IMG_7747

2 comments:

  1. love me some white paint...mmm~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous...Sadie is loving your painted rocks. She wants to do some too. J.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)