Confession :: Our house is messy and I hate housework. I'm actually a pretty terrible housewife... I avoid cleaning like the plague. I just feel like I clean for hours, only to turn around and have everything coming undone behind me. I vacuum, only to discover muffin crumbs 10 min's later. I wipe windows, only to have smudgy fingers mess them as soon as I've thrown the vinegary newspaper into the compost bin. I clean stoves, only to have the hubby come cooking behind me with an oily splattered mess. I HATE it.
Recently I discovered this website and I decided it wouldn't hurt to put their theory to practice. See if I can crawl out of the drudgery and into spick and span ~~ well at least 'tidy' anyway. And well, it was going great. I was actually starting to think that keeping house wasn't so bad. Well, that was until this morning. You see, today is 'bathroom' day. How anyone proposes you can clean for just an hour a day and keep a spotless house, obviously hasn't met my bathroom. It takes about 20 mins just to scrub the gunk off the shower for goodness sakes. This morning it took me from 7.30am til 9.15am to do my daily cleaning (with a 10 min shower in the middle) today. this is when I realised that we spend far too much time cleaning a cubicle that gets approx 30min of use a day. A cubicle that encourages dampness and mould, and means I have to wipe my bathroom walls more often than I care for. This morning I realised I don't actually hate housework....
I hate my shower.
(end rant)
Solidarity, sister. I hear you LOUD and clear.
ReplyDeleteHousework sucks!
I hate housework. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeee it. I would rival pretty much anyone in a competition for 'housewife who is the worst/laziest at housework'.
ReplyDelete(And I don't even do the bathroom, that is Abraham's job... it I had to do that too the house would be a health and safety issue!)
Are you my twin haha!? I hate it too. I really need to get organised before the weekend though, my Mum is coming to stay. Not that she ever cares that my house is a bomb site, but I still feel I should make it much more appealing than it currently is!
ReplyDeleteI am a hugely well organised person and have no problems with housework at all ... I've organised my husband into doing it ;D
ReplyDeleteIt makes me feel so much better to have a sisterhood of housework haters out there. I can't even find the words to describe how much I hate it, and secretly rather like it that I can blame my lovely three week old baby on the state of the house (when actually it would look just as shocking if she were twelve years old...and probably will!).
ReplyDelete:)
Hi Kristin
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain re house work! let me make your day by letting you know you won your two favourite prints over at Sweet William! My sister, Shelley (NZ) will be in touch to get your postal address details etc.
Thanks for the support and have a lovely weekend!
Regards
Paula