Wednesday, October 12, 2011

something fun

I kinda left you all in the lurch there with that depressing post back there, didn't I? and then I went and disappeared for a few days... Sorry about that!

BUT here is something whimsical to distract you (and me...) from the seriousness of other matters...

IMG_7686

IMG_7682

IMG_7687

IMG_7688


They're tricky fellows to photograph.... but I finished these fun little guys over the weekend.... and yes I realise it's wednesday....
Of course I put my own spin on things and spray painted my hideously painted mini-animals (which I picked up from the $2 shop) and only used broken bits of jewellery/craft bits that I already had on hand. Mine are maybe a bit more subtle that the originals but I like them. :o)
If you're thinking of making some yourself, I'd really advise against using an epoxy glue ~ takes WAY too long to dry and the sequins, etc kept falling off! Go for the super-glue I reckon. Just don't glue your fingers together.

Finley has already claimed the tiger (which he has deemed a girl lion, cause it looks a bit like it all white like that...). These are my faves ::

IMG_7689

IMG_7690

IMG_7691


I've put one away as part of my giveaway which I'll let you know more about on Friday. You'll have to wait and see which one though...


(speaking of giveaways, the lovely Dee is giving away one of my bow rings as part of her party week! Go check it out!)


3 comments:

  1. gorgeous and so fun! (I bet they make you smile when you look at them.) Well done you! Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, these are hilarious and I absolutely LOVE them!! Something I would definitely wear.


    Talia Christine
    http://taliachristine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the cutest! You did such a great job with all the little bits and pieces, I think I like your white version even better than the originals.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)