Friday, October 14, 2011

a few things on friday


  • YouTube didn't pull through for me today.This morning Finley and I had a good old boogie to 'Bring you up' by the Black Seeds. It reminded me of my Uni days in Wellington, living in a mouldy flat, eating vegetarian food (hangover-cheeseburgers didn't count), drinking cask boxed wine on the weekends and failing miserably at my degree, in the best way (my flatties and I had a great time!). Anyway the above is another from the same album and equally rad in my opinion.
  • I still haven't gathered the guts to go and see for myself the devastation of our beach, although we only live 700m down the road from it. I'm too scared of my emotional response. Kudos to the 2000 people who've signed up to volunteer for clean up ~ if I didn't have my boys to think about I'd probably be down there with you all, ugly tears and all.
  • On a happier note, Luke and I have a date night tomorrow and I am very excited. Normally dates nights are spent with takeaways on the beach, but seeing as that is out we MAY even go out to dinner... I just have to convince him it's OK to miss the first bits of the RWC semifinal this weekend...
  • I hung 5 loads of washing out this morning and now they are saturated due to a good old Bay of Plenty spring sun-shower. awesome.
  • I get annoyed when we tell people 90% of our meat/fish comes from wild sources and then I hear them (mostly women) say 'ew...I'd rather have my meat from the supermarket, thanks'. Um, who's ew??? you can keep your water injected, meat by-product to yourself thanks.
  • I get cold feet. all.the.time. except at night when the get too hot and then I can't sleep. It's very annoying (and happened last night).
  • It's been 5 days since I gave up coffee. I've replaced it with about 100 cups of tea a day and I'm still suffering the odd headache and LOADS of nausea. BUT my face is clearing up and my eczema has not bothered me all week. So very worth it.

I'll be back later with a wee giveaway! Hope you're all having a lovely day!

    5 comments:

    1. 1. ah uni days. carefree (which, by the way, happens to be the name of the colour i chose for our new wall and is more green than blue...meh)
      2. remember it how it was...
      3. dinner for two!! that you haven't cooked!! = total bliss
      4. i stood and applauded this one. WoRRRRD!! imagine the effect "raw milk" has... ha!
      5.you are So Brave. ...but doesn't tea still have caffiene? or are you drinking a berry tea or something super healthy?

      have a fabbo night tomorrow
      XO

      ReplyDelete
    2. Lol about your milk Dee. We have the same thing...it's the best entertainment when you offer a visitor a cuppa & they ask why your milk has no label...then watch them try and politly finish it! Glad to hear I'm not the only rugby widow Kristen! Have an awesome night with your man...I'd have a home kill dinner at your place anyday! Perhaps we should meet in Taupo for a pot luck tea hahahahhahaha xxxxxxxx

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh man, hoping that some good news re. oil spill happens soon... Such a huge tragedy for our country - environment-wise (though our darling PM doesn't appear to think so...). And I think it's AWESOME that you guys eat wild meat! I am so envious of you, you have no idea! xx

      ReplyDelete
    4. omgosh the meat thing! same! although we are supermarket buyers now, I grew up on a farm with home kills and I've told people about it and they say ew too! umm nuh-uh! YUM! haha but duh, it's all the same except wild meat etc is like you said - not packed full of crap!

      yikes about the oil. i can't comprehend it. I'm not sure I'd go down either. sucks man!

      mmm coffee and skin health, never thought about it. stupid really - hmmmmm it might help my skin too!

      you've also reminded me about date night... must get that into gear now!

      btw. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new blog look - not that your last was bad but I LOVE this one 10 times better. the header is all class. LOVE.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)