Thursday, May 5, 2011

'the' dress and a few other things

You'll have to forgive me for being AWOL around here this last week, it's been a busy one.

I had a couple of requests to share more pictures of 'the' dress... I love it to pieces even if it is a bit more revealing than I would usually wear... oh to be 23 and full of confidence again.

'the' dress

'the' dress


Poor Luke isn't keen on having his pictures splashed all over the net (understandably)... but here he is, my handsome hubby, skinny ankles and all.
Some other things from this week:
  • The hubster has been sent to a tropical island paradise for a week for work. Nice for some.

  • After receiving a couple of HUGE bills this week, I've decided it's time to start sewing to sell again, so watch this space (but be patient it may take a while).
  • I've been getting a bit more freaked out by the 'privacy' thing lately. Fear not, I am not about to quit blogging... but I have made my flickr photo stream private and I've disabled left clicks on my images/photo's (actually, I did the latter a couple of weeks ago). I've also deleted my twitter account and my tumblr and had a major facebook friend cull. I'm probably going to feature the boys less on here too... Fin is well and truly growing into his own person now so I'm beginning to think it's not really fair to talk about every aspect of his life on such a public forum.

  • Our much loved Porse Educator gave us her notice last Friday and after 2 years with her, I feel like we are loosing a family member. But on the upside it got my butt into gear to enrol Finley in Kindy, even though he wont start til he is 4. There are only 2 kindy's in our little town, both with ENORMOUS waiting lists, so we'll get another educator in the meantime and also enrol Archer with her... Yep I know he's only 15 months, but I really need some time for myself and my sanity. But anyway back to kindy... it's AMAZING. they have an awesome outdoor area which is perfect for boys, with a garden, a huge sandpit and CHICKENS.. It makes me wish I was a 3 or 4 year old again. Can't wait to become a kindy mum

  • I am so, SO clucky it's not funny.

  • I made Anzac bikkies but they just didn't work.

  • I've finally decided what I really want to do after I've finished having babies. Man I really want more babies.

  • I knitted a hat for a little boy for his 3rd birthday, but it fits me. oops.

  • A few of you have been trying to look at my meal plan photo (sorry ~ private photo stream strikes again). If your interested it includes Moroccan style goat stew (we eat mostly wild meat) , lentil soup, king fish steaks and homemade chips (that massive fish lives on), falafel, chicken risotto, venison pie, chickpea and silver beet curry, paella and a couple of other things.

  • Tomorrow is my 2nd blogging anniversary. Pretty good for someone with the attention span of a goldfish.

well that's more than enough boredom for you today.

9 comments:

  1. 1. without a doubt that is the most beautiful dress ever. seriously.
    2. yay, for sewing. the hoodie had it's last time worn yesterday (it has become a decapitation hazard!)
    3. mmm, privacy.
    4. yay kindy! and free-time (and chickens and sandpits)
    5. samesame. wanna race?? jk (kinda)
    6. did they merge into one big bikkie? uh huh...
    7. what? what? (and same. i think. DARNIT!)
    8. sweet. free hat.
    9. you wild foodies you. (want some possum?)
    10. happy anniv!! love you and your blog.

    (take care while solo!!) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meals sound incredible and very exotic to this boring cook lol. My husband has been hooked on venison since we moved to Aus, maybe making a venison pie will be my next adventure in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely stunning! Like a fairy princess! Wow!!!!

    Your meal plan sounds fab. Yummy!

    Happy Bloggging Birthday ;)

    Have a lovely week - ahhhh, hubbies who get to go to exotic locations for work...mine ended up in Italy for 10 weeks while I was pregnant last time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love it if you would consider making a few "bigger kid" styles...your clothes are sooooo cool. And I'm definitely finished in the baby making dep.

    your wedding dress is beautiful

    go on have another ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and now I remember why I was actually commenting...we must have started blogging at the same time. Happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is incredibly beautiful and you look gorgeous! Good luck with all the rest (I like the baby talk) J. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Firstly, yay to more babies!!! We have joined the race too! Secondly, LOVE THAT DRESS!!!! Thirdly, your meal plan sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thankyou for sharing!!!!! so sweet!!! am very wedding mad at the moment (smiling and stressing). Just bought my wedding dress material whoooo.
    I am SOO clucky too! but am holding off until after the wedding,boo.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may be a bit slow but that dress is AMAZING!
    Beautiful, beautiful...you make a gorgeous couple

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)