I've had a big bowl of old neglected surplus crayons sitting around in a cupboard for almost a year now. Every time Finley draws he either goes for the 'crayon rocks' he got for Christmas or his felt pens. I decided to breath a bit of new life into them hoping that Fin would actually use them, so he and I sat don on Saturday and made recycled crayons. Me being me didn't use a tutorial but I should've and then I probably would've realised my ordinary muffins trays weren't going to cut it... (imagine melty wax and an ungreased surface. I've learnt my lesson and now need a new muffin tray!). Anyway a bit of boiling water and I managed to pry them out! While they're the wrong shape for drawing pictures with, Finley is just enjoying rubbing them on the paper to see what combinations of colour he can get to emerge. Archer on the other hand, thinks they are better used for other things...
(he is pretending to count..."eeee EH", he does this while we count/stack blocks. CUTE, but then I am his mum...)



That is SO Cute!! Love the giggles in the background too :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome idea - love the marbled colour effect. I think I'd quite happily have these sat somewhere to look pretty rather than use them as crayons :-)
ReplyDeleteSnap! I was going to do the exact same post, haha! Great minds... Mine didn't do that cool marbled effect thing though, i think i have the wrong type of crayon
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I really must do this with all the odds and ends of my kids' crayons. TFS!
ReplyDelete