Tuesday, May 17, 2011

chocolate fudge slice

chocolate fudge slice

Finley and I made this on sunday. One of those super simple things to make with kids or even for older kids to make on their own (with supervision of course). I thought I better share the love before it's all gone ~~ The piece pictured is the last one!

chocolate fudge slice (from 'Anyone Can Bake' ~ Annabel Langbein)

2 eggs, lightly beaten
250g butter
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 packets (500g) plain, sweet biscuits, crushed into chunks.
 


Line a 30x24cm sponge roll or baking tin with baking paper. ~~~PLEASE line your tin because I only greased the tin and it is SO tricky to get out without scratching my non-stick tin :o(
Place eggs, butter, sugar, cocoa and vanilla in a pot over a low temp. Stir constantly, removing mixture from heat just before it comes to a simmer. Mix in crushed biscuits (to crush ours I chuked them into a giant snaplock bag and let Fin at it with the rolling pin.... you want them quite chunky, a food processor will make them too fine). Press mixture firmly into a prepared tin, ice with chocolate icing and cut into pieces when set.

Icing: mix together 3 1/4 cups icing sugar, 2 Tbsp cocoa, 50g melted butter, 3 Tbsp boiling water and 1 tsp vanilla extract (I just used essence). Beat until smooth.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yum, one of my favourites, so much so that I hardly let myself make it!! And none of that coconut to ruin it either :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, that looks just delicious!! Lucky there aren't any bickies in the house, or I'd make a batch (and eat the whole lot myself, before anyone else knew it ever existed!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo guess what I' making tonight!! thanks x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)