Finley loves puzzles, maybe a little bit more than your average 3 year old. He will quite happily sit for over an hour, pottering away at them and can do most of his puzzles in his cupboard all by himself. As it happens I've been meaning to make his some puzzles for a while, with some blank puzzles I bought from the Warehouse about a year ago (at the time he wasn't into them yet). Our copy of Peepo has to be the most loved in the world and as a result was falling apart. I'm currently in the process of turning the book, as well as some other pictures I have collected, into lovely little puzzles for him. The first turned out a bit hard to put together (I used the wrong type of sealer and the cardboard swelled a bit), but with a spray-type sealer I think they will come out just fine.
For more inspirational creative spaces, make sure you pop over here.



lovely idea and great way to reuse the book!!
ReplyDeletemy son was the same around that age and he's 8 now and a very bright wee boy..Im sure all those hours of puzzle doing contributed to how easily he learns.
Ooooo what a great idea.. Love it!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea. That book was a favourite here too :)
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I have had a pack of those puzzle bits hanging round for ages too! Can you tell me more about the sealer and glue you used? I love Peepo so much, it's one of the only books I never get sick of reading! x
ReplyDeleteWow, that looks awesome!! Maybe I should do that with our copy of Each Peach Pear Plum, which has met a similar fate... (sob, it was my favourite too - though Peepo is almost as good...)
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect book to use for this project! I think we might need to attempt some puzzles when Otto is a little bigger too. At the moment they would still just end up as soggy lumps every time I looked away. hmm.
ReplyDeleteSuch a fab idea so old books don't just get thrown away. And you've reminded me of Peepo - must get a copy for my wee man :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fab idea Kristin! They look fantastic. Such brilliant images to use, you clever clogs you! : )
ReplyDeleteps Thanks for your lovely comment. Have a great weekend.