First up, wow!! Thanks for the amazing response to my giveaway! I really didn't think I get that much of a response! If you haven't already posted a comment, you have til Saturday, so plenty of time.
Secondly, I thought it was time for a "26 things before 27" update seeing as my birthday was well over a month ago now.
1/. Learn to drive and pass my restricted licence. (yes I know... 26 and don't drive... it's terrible). am waiting for Archer to get a bit older for this one
2/. Do a maket or 2 with Squidgyums.
3/. Start saving properly. Aim for $5000
4/. Knit Luke something. We have conflicting ideas on what as of yet. have tentative plans what to do, just waiting to come across the right wool.
5/. STOP BITING NAILS! have only caught myself out twice in the last month!
6/. Visit one of my besties, Steph in Wellington. I've known her since I was 10. Her new bubba is a day older than Archer and we went through our pregnancies together long-distance. It's pretty neat. am thinking spring might be the go for this one.
7/. Run 10kms... maybe even 15. have been running twice. all I can say is that it isn't the best plan for a lactating woman with an oversupply issue. I think you can imagine the rest.
8/. Sew myself 20 items of clothing (eeks!!). have started a few items, just waiting on some toddler free time! See above photo...
9/. Sew Luke 10 items of clothing (thinking big here).
10/. Learn to surf on a longboard. Don't have to be able to win pro championships... just an attempt to get over my fear of the water.
11/. Go camping somewhere I haven't been before.
12/. Go on 3 walks I've never done. eg: Sentinal Rock, Kaimai's.
13/. Paint 2 paintings for the house.
14/. See a movie at the movies (it's been 3 years!). We have an anniversary in a couple of weeks and I may just have to get that breastpump out.
15/. Put together Fin's photo album/s.
16/. Put together Archer's photo albums/s.
17/. Knit Finley an jumper (and finish it!!). have a couple of patterns, I just cant decide yet.
18/. Turn off the T.V at night for 4 nights a week (unless it's a movie Luke and I will watch together... that counts as couple time to me!). Ahhh, easier said than done!
19/. Pass on 5 random gifts of kindness. one underway!
20/. Take Finny to Napier Aquarium. June for this one, when Luke gets back from timor.
21/. Do something social-wise to force me out of my comfort zone (I'm painfully shy in person). Underway. Will reveal more in good time.
22/. Take Finny to Hamilton Zoo. (it's closer than Auckland, more suitable for a daytrip with a little bubba).
23/. Sew Finny 10 items of clothing.
24/. Sew Archer 10 items of clothing (gonna be busy sewing!).
25/. Transfer all my recipes into 1 book.
26/. Become more organised!! eg: menu planning, clean out junk cupboard etc. Have started menu planning and have a huge pile of stuff to list on trademe.
So yeah. pretty good so far? It has only been a month afterall (and a sleepless one at that!!)
Thats an ambitious list! Good luck ~ funny enough this week I have just realized Charlie bites his nails....just like his daddy! We too want to take the kids to Napier and do the aquarium. xx
ReplyDelete(On a side note: I found out the Aesop does too! Dammit, must have passed on that habit.)
ReplyDeleteYour list is great. So many things I would like to achieve too.
I do have a question though. The ten things you'll sew to Luke, what sort of things will they be? I would love to make more stuff for Abraham but I struggle to think of things to make from scratch. Boxers? Hoodies?