Friday, April 1, 2011

boy style friday (and a realisation)

It's been another of those weeks this week. Poor Finley has had a potty regression resulting in many changes a day, so I haven't had a chance to get a camera near him all week. Sometimes I wish I'd been blessed with a not-so-busy boy and he'd be easier to potty train... but then he would have the same sparkling personality that we love him for I guess!

Anyway just Archer again this week...

boy style friday 

basket baby


vintage cardi :: thrifted (can't remember how much)
Tee :: a Finley hand-me-down (originally t&t)
pants :: homemade by me
socks :: cotton on kids
vintage shoes :: thrifted ($1)

and Archer today: (a visit to watch the planes at the airport)

boy style friday

hat :: hand me down from a friend
top :: bonds ($10 on sale at the warehouse last winter)
shorts :: pumpkin patch ($12 on sale)
socks :: cotton on kids
shoes :: the warehouse ($12.99)


Yesterday, Archer turned 14 months. I don't know if other Mums have this 'moment' but I realised today that my baby no longer looks or really acts like one. He is so BOY. I remember my moment of revalation with Finley so well and it feels like not all that long ago. This time it has really taken me by surprise as I didn't expect it to creep up like this. He loves running, kicking a ball around (although at times an apple will suffice), airplanes, fish, investigating bugs, duckies, yelling at the top of his lungs in the supermarket and pulling the cats tail.

I'm going to blink and these boys will be teenagers.

telling me about the planes  
telling me about the planes in his baby sign.       





1 comment:

  1. funny, I had the exact same experience this week, and wrote about it too... It's tough huh! Makes those ovaries start begging for another one, just to hold a little baby again...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)