Wednesday, April 6, 2011

hot cross buns :: attempt 1

making hot cross buns

hot cross buns


 The first of winters ills has made it into our house over the weekend with Finley picking up a cold and passing it to everyone in the Hello Fallow household. On Monday afternoon I thought it might be a bit of fun to try making Hot Cross Buns because we seem to be able to eat our way through a package a day at the moment!
Unfortunately they became Hot Cross Fruity-Rocks. Small, and hard. Maybe I didn't keep the yeast warm enough but they taste good anyway, toasted up and slathered with TONNES of butter. I think next time I might try following these tips. And I might just try another recipe ~ or maybe this one (I used the Edmonds one) just in case.

3 comments:

  1. they look pretty darn edible to me! yum, gonna have to try making some soon too~~ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! I'm sure I remember there being a bit of an uproar about the Edmonds recipe failing on a lot of people this time last year? (I think I saw it on Campbell Live!) - I think you'll just have to gobble all of that batch, drowned in butter, then experiment with another recipe!! (and secretly hope that they don't quite work out either, so you can gobble them all up too! he he he!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cheeky grin on Finley's face! I'm impressed that you can make hot cross buns... I'm too lazy to even try!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)