Please be gentle... this is the first painting I've managed to finish in about 10 years! It's certainly not perfect and I know the concept isn't very original but it's just what I imagined.
I upcycled an old family portrait circa 1986, frame and all, for this painting for Archers room. Why paint over a family picture you ask? It was pre-my parents divorce and I feel it doesn't really apply to how life is now. There are plenty of photographs around of that time and a giant framed canvas print isn't really necessary, or very appropriate. I should have taken a before shot as it was pretty classic (tacky) picture really. The clothes, the hair, dads moustache, my little brothers bald head, MY bald head (no hair here until I was almost 3!). Anyway I thought this was a nice way to keep it around because although I didn't like it all that much, it is still family. And we are there under all the layers to keep an eye on the squidgy one as he grows.
Speaking of which, I discovered this afternoon that he has decided to attempt to sprout a molar. He only has 6 teeth so far, so he's being a bit ambitious I think!


I love it - it's so cute :-)
ReplyDeleteawesome! Bold and classic, excellent!
ReplyDeleteif this is what you can rock out after 10 years, i can't wait to see what's coming next!! clever, clever lady... x
ReplyDeleteI totally LOVE it!! wow!
ReplyDelete