| triple chocolate with greek yoghurt. yum! |
So yesterday, after we got bad from our mediocre outing and the boys were in bed, I scoffed about 3 of these muffins in one sitting. Why? Because I can. Also, because I have come down with the boys yucky cold and for some reason whenever I begin to get sick, something in me stirs and I have a deep need to eat comfort food.
I love my basic muffin recipe. It's amazing and pretty much no-fail. You just add whatever you want to it and it pretty much always tastes good! My favourite additions are: 2 tablespoons of cocoa and 1/3 cup each of white and dark chocolate chips (as above), 1/2 tin of drained chopped peaches and 1 tsp cinammon, 1 cup of drained stewed feijoa and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, and lastly 1 cup of combined mashed banana and drained stewed feijoa. Seriously, you can do anything with this recipe!
I just have to try and remember to grease the tin better next time though...
Basic Muffin Batter (or the 'Nothing Muffin'). From the book 'Exclusively Muffs' (Yes. Seriously.) by the Te Awamutu Lioness Club.
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar (sometimes I use white, sometimes brown. doesn't seem to matter.)
1/2 cup milk (when I was non dairy I used soy, again, doesn't matter.)
1/4 cup melted butter or marg (I use canola oil... a hangover from the dairy-free but also, butter doesn't grow on trees round here!)
1 egg (I just use size 6.)
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Add melted butter and beated egg to milk.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry mixture, stirring only to moisten.
- To this batter add anything you have on the shelf. (y'know... like I said above... anything works!) OR add nothing and serve as a side with a cooked breakfast or with your favourite jam (I've never done this).
- Bake 200 centigrade for 15 to 20 mins.
Makes about 8 to 10 med sized muffins.
Yummo! I need a muffin right now on this cold rainy night! x
ReplyDeleteYUM!! These look great - and I totally agree about the need for comfort food when a bit under the weather!
ReplyDeleteYum they look delicious! Will have to try your recipe soon
ReplyDelete