Friday, September 17, 2010

friday

Friday. The day before the weekend. Usually the day we have a get together with Finley's little mates (our coffee group), but once again the boys woke up with snots and coughs so we had to change our plans. Lucky for us, the sun was shining (I say was...) this morning and we live 10 mins walk from some pretty big duck ponds. So I rugged the boys up and off we went with our stale bread to find some ducks...

To be honest we would've been better off at home with some playdough or something. The ducks weren't really interested in our bread, but there were a couple of weird pukekos who gobbled up most of it. Finley nearly fell in the water. Archer grizzled and cried half the time we were out. The skies opened up on us on the way home and my shoe broke as I was making a mad dash for home.








by far the prettiest duck.

The reason I freaked out when finley nearly fell in... 'caution sewer pipeline below' (I'm pretty sure the water is fine, but who knows.).

 
Oh well... at least we got out of the house.

2 comments:

  1. And at least you got some cute photos, aye? It's always a toss up as to whether getting 'out and about' is going to be the best thing to do, or whether being cooped up just that little bit longer is preferable, purely just because of the lack of effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to walk along there in the evenings sometimes just for a change from the beach and one night our dog slipped her leash to chase the ducks & pukekos... it was a bit chaotic and I'm sure the residents in their big flash houses thought we were riffraff! Total embarrassment because she ran through a couple of backyards that weren't fenced...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)