Monday, September 20, 2010

kids clothes week challenge




I spent a bit of time this morning planning. I've been wanting to do a few new things for 'Squidgyums' and I have that list still hovering over my head, not getting any shorter. I decided to do the old '2 birds with one stone' thing and sign up for Elsie Marleys Kids Clothes Week Challenge. It's come with perfect timing you see, because the boys are growing like growing things and both of them are in desperate need of bigger clothes. I've decided Finley needs bigger t-shirts, easy access pants and shorts (jeans are turning out very annoying with his recent adventures in potty training) and a couple of nicer hoodies or jumpers to wear that aren't covered in baking stains, old paint and pen marks. Archer needs, well, everything. for some reason I got rid of most of the size 9-12 months size clothes from Finleys bub days (maybe I didn't like them much?) and with his length now measuring in at 73cm (at 7 1/2 months!! According to the plunket book, this is the average for a 10 month old!), he is fast growing out of the 6-9 month gear he has. So I'ma be sewing loads this week. Because I also have a couple of Squidgyums hoods to make, and a birthday pressie for my little brother to make too (how can he be turning 25?! I still feel like he's 15!). I'm going to be a busy girl... lets just hope I haven't over-commited...

2 comments:

  1. you are inspirational! (and brave - sewing all that knit fabric....eeek!)
    looking forward to seeing what you come up with~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh can't wait to see what you make! I agree with Dee, you are inspirational! Boy oh boy do I wish I could sew...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)