Thursday, February 16, 2012

baby knits

As I said, I've been sticking to my crafty promise of completing one item a week pretty well. I started the year out with a bit of knitting and sewing, before I got caught up in the hexy blanket. I thought I'd break it all into a couple of posts, feed it to ya'll slowly-like. Rather than inundate you with a big fat 'lookie what I made' post, you know??

Anywhoo....

I've had this red yarn in the stash for a while, unsure of what to use it for, until I was going through my Ravelry queue and remembered I'd photocopied this pattern from a library book a year or so ago.

IMG_8544

IMG_8543(It's a Ribbed Baby Jacket by Debbie Bliss ravelry details here)

I started this itty bitty one as soon as we found out we were expecting number 3, from oddments in the stash. I obviously didn't account for how much grey it'd require though and it was sitting on the WIP pile for a while, until my lovely Mum gave me a ball in exactly the same colour, that she had no plans for. So, of course I finished it up pronto. I have to admit that this came out WAY smaller than I'd envisioned and I'm hoping little Junebug stays just that or he won't fit it for very long!

IMG_8550
IMG_8547(Chunky Knit Cardigan. Ravelry details here)

And lastly (well not really because I have a couple of things here that just need finishing touches before I share them), is my very first Pebble Vest. I've been wanting to make one of these since forever and I'm glad I did, because it's so SO cute and more importantly easy. It was also made with bits from the stash (yep keeping to that goal too!), which meant I ran out of light green right before the very end. Luckily for me I had put the stripes in and so some lovely dark green patches on the shoulders don't look so out of place. I didn't have enough buttons in one colour either so improvised with similar looking numbers instead.

IMG_8587

(Pebble Vest. Ravelry details here)

I'll share the rest of my projects next week... there's been a bit of sewing-finishings (and lots of things still in the works!) going on here too. :o)

5 comments:

  1. Wowza lady! You have been BUSY!!! Love all your new creations! I love to knit, but my mum is a super pro knitter (and has the money to buy delicious wool too) so I have left it all up to her for our Milla. I'd love to make something for her to wear one day though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you - I really need to do more knitting - I have some lovely patterns just waiting for me. I love the different buttons on the pebble vest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible!
    I've been thinking about knitting the red one for awile now, was it easy enough?

    ReplyDelete
  4. All so gorgeous, but I do the the vest, I'm such a sucker for little knitted vests. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that little grey stripey one. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)