Thursday, June 9, 2011

white chocolate and vanilla cupcakes


I thought I'd share the recipe for these Divine little cupcakes I made for Finley's Porse educator on her last day last week.

White Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes 
adapted from a recipe from this book (makes 18)

225g butter
225g caster sugar
225g flour
2 tsp baking powder
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g white chocolate chips
for the icing
100g white chocolate chips
3 tbsp milk
1 cup icing sugar
chocolate chips to decorate (I ran out of white so used dark)

Combine all cupcake ingredients besides chocolate chips, in a large bowl and beat until smooth, pale and fluffy (2 or 3 mins). Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into cupcake/muffin cases and bake for 20 mins at 175 centigrade. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.

Melt the chocolate for the icing in a medium bowl over a pot of simmering water (or a microwave if you are impatient like me). Stir until completely melted, take off the heat and beat through milk and icing sugar. leave to cool slightly (please do this because I was impatient and didn't and as you can see in the photograph icing dripped EVERYWHERE!). Pour over cupcakes, decorate with extra chocolate and refrigerate until set.


The boys have their first day with our new Porse educator today. BOTH boys. I have a whole 6 hours to myself and I'm a little lost without my Archer-shadow!!

2 comments:

  1. They look gooood! Have a fantastic day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM. Oh my those sound/look good.
    Hope you had a fabulous day to yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)