Tuesday, June 14, 2011

hexy goodness


Last week I tried my hand at 2 new things. Firstly I attempted to make Macarons... their trickiness prevailed and I ended up with an ultimate fail (although they still tasted pretty darn good!). Secondly I wanted to master a crochet hexagon. It took me a little bit to get my tension back into shape, but after a couple of practice ones I was away. I used this tutorial as a guide but have since found an even easier method, which I will definately rock if I decide to venture into another hexagonal extravaganza. I'm still unsure if I am making a blanket or something significantly smaller ~ I've never finished a large item of crochet so it may be a goal! For now I will just keep hooking away.

By the way, that is actually grey in the hexys, not blue (which it seems to look) ... must've picked up the colour from my freshly painted table (will share more on that soonish).


5 comments:

  1. love them love them love them love them love them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those hexy's and your colours :) i started on a granny square blanket last winter, have only made about two thirds of what i need but haven;t made any squares this winter yet, going to be a very long work in progress i think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how they look like flowers, would love to know how you will join them! that part stresses me out, like " ahhh i'm making a billion of these things and have no idea how they will go together...what if they don't" haha dumb eh.

    make a blankie evena baby one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey hexy mama,
    things look pretty hot n hexy over at your place at the mo...(and then Sarah went and mentioned a baby didn't she...hehe~)

    LOVING all the hexiness. really. I'm so pleased you've taught yourself how to make them, instead of just wanting to. YAY!!

    let's have one more hurrah for the hexual healing shall we?? HURRAH!
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)