Can you believe it, because I know I can't. Another milestone age has snuck up on us, next thing I'll blink and he'll be a year old. As our dear old Plunket nurse, Colleen, said "He's hitting all the milestones, plus some" which is fantastic. Crawling over things, pulling up, starting to cruise, trying to talk, looking around for things when we ask him where they are (his favourite is the cat), understanding 'no' and 'ta-ta', learning to 'paki paki' (clap his hands, albeit awkwardly), showing us things, working out that if he bangs or shakes something purposfully he can make sounds etc etc etc. It astounds me how much one little being can grow and learn so much is such a short time. He loves people, especially his big brother and his 'Aunty' Sally (my best friend) and of course his Mama and Dada.
He weighs in at 8.56kg and measures 73.5cm long, lighter yet longer than his big brother at the same age. He's also still breast feeding more than happily, which I am thrilled about. I was incredibly nervous about reaching this age because Finley self-weaned at 9 to 9 1/2 months and I was devastated, I felt like he was just too young. But it really does look like we will last the whole year (perhaps longer) this time round, which makes me feel really good, knowing I am providing the best thing for his future health and development. It's also nice to feel so very needed and important while they're gaining their independence and discovering their surroundings, because he's still so very small and vulnerable too, you know?
Also, finally, TEETH! Well, a tooth, decided to grace us with it's appearance over the last few days. Still no hair though...
edit: Today when friends of ours who were visiting went to leave with their baby girl, I said "ta-ta Lucy" and she waved, next thing I know Archer is waving too and saying "ta ta ta ta ta ta"!!!! Talk about milestones!




I just can't believe how dark his eyes are... so gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWow, look at that boy grow! (And that garden - your silverbeet is huge!)
ReplyDeleteIt is amazing how much they change in such a short time. I am astounded by it everyday. I know what you mean about the breastfeeding... already I am worried that once I introduce solids, I am not going to be 'needed' as much... I really hope we can do it for a whole year plus, as well.
What a cutie!!!!
ReplyDeleteHe is scrummy and seems to be getting more and more so every month. Can't believe he is making so many words/sounds already, going to be a bright one, aye? Or a chatterbox at least : )
ReplyDelete