Saturday, October 9, 2010

home sweet home

Yes, I am back. After an uncomfortable stay in the pokiest, most uncomfortable motel unit EVER we are back to our own comforts, the boys back to their own beds and favourite toys, and back to internet that doesnt cost $8 an hour (whoar!). I thought I'd share some of my favourite photo's that I've uploaded so far. I have so SO many more, but my laptop has decided it's full to the brim and I now have to wait until payday to get an external hardrive so I can upload the rest. It will teach me really, I've been procrastinating for months and now I just can't squeeze too many more on. I knew being so darn camera-happy would have some sort of complication!

Finley at dusk

the toothless wonder

Finley at dusk

mt taranaki at dusk

west coast sunset

west coast sunset

I was completely enamoured by the sunset on tuesday evening. We went for a bit of a roadtrip down to Stent Road after Luke finished work (yep... the whole reason we went down, Luke had to work down there), so he could go for a surf and on the way back to New Plymouth... well I feel like the word 'amazing' doesn't do it justice. I've never seen a west coast sunset (growing up in Rotorua and living the majority of my time in the Bay of Plenty) and I'll never look at any other the same after seeing the firey dusk light over the Tasman Sea. Simply beautiful.

Also, if you havent already, be sure to head on over to my 'Squidgyums' facebook page and enter the giveaway! I'm going to get Finley to draw a winner tomorrow afternoon.

Happy weekending to you.

3 comments:

  1. where i grew up was coastal with the tasman sea. i grew up with sunsets overlooking hills and water that made you sit up and take notice (or, sit down and shut up?)...we are on a flat section with trees around us now and i really miss those long, long last lingering rays of the western sun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)