Monday, October 11, 2010

eight months (plus eleven days)

happy Archer

Archer, 8 months


sandy face

Just before we went away, this little boy turned 8 months. He has grown in leaps and bounds over the last few weeks, learning to crawl, pull himself up to his feet, speaking (dada is a favourite), inspecting each and every piece of fluff on the floor. Definately no longer a little bubba, I can't believe that in just 4 months we will be celebrating his first birthday. Still no teeth though... a complete turn from his older brother, who already had 6 at this age! His head is in need of a sprinkling of fertiliser too I think...

He still isn't sleeping through, but I've come to terms with that for now and am just happy with the fact that I have finally managed to wean him off the need to be swaddled (learning to move helped with that) and I no longer need white noise during the day to convince him to go down for sleeps (one less thing on the powerbill, yay!)

I've also started to get more and more clucky... uh oh. When Finley turned 9 months, we started trying for Archer. But I'm SO.NOT.READY for the crazy newborn thing just yet. I'm happy to cuddle and hand back for now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, time goes so fast... what a sweet little boy.

    Ha ha, I have been clucky since the moment I had Abbey! I can't wait to have another! Although I'm sure having two littlies in the house is a whole different ball game...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)