Well, I'm not exactly sure where the time went, but here we are at wednesday again and I haven't posted since this time last week.
This weeks theme is "something I made", which for me this week is my dress, made from a vintage sheet. If you've been following for a while, you'll probably recognise it from my first WW post. Archer has dropped a couple of his feeds in the last 2 weeks (the night time ones, yuuuus!! but he's still waking at 5am, doh!), so thankfully I've shrunk a little, so I could actually get it done up! It's still a little tight (ok, a lot tight), but I ove it and I'm too impatient to wait til it fits proper. I'd rather deprive myself of adequate oxygen for a day.
Dress: me!
T-shirt: Kmart
Shoes: an Op-shopping score from my pre-preg days. A little tight from feet-spread, but I still love them.
Random stuff all over the back lawn: umbrella holder and Finley's camp-chair. He likes to drag things around and leave them where-ever, so I can trip on them and almost break my legs. As 2 1/2 year olds do, you know.
For more lovely wardrobes, check out Clares place!
Happy Wednesday!


Very pretty dress! Gotta love the first time something actually does up after being hapu ;) You have me all excited to make something out of the pretty sheet I found in a Palmy op shop a few weeks back...
ReplyDeletegorgeous dress. I <3 yellow
ReplyDeletei adore that second pic....cutecutecute!
ReplyDeleteFantastic dress!!! Great work on the op shop sheet usage - inspirational. :)
ReplyDeleteThat dress is sooo pretty, I just love it. And to think you made it out of a sheet! Wow. That inspires me and overwhelms me all at the same time. Okay, so *deep breath* I can learn this, but like you say - baby steps. A simple skirt is a good idea to start out with... and a floral fabric would be good, because looking at your dress in the pics, I was just thinking how it must complicate things even more to line up and sew a material with shapes that need to go a certain way like you had to do with this one.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your encouragement :o)