Wednesday, August 18, 2010

wardrobe wednesday

Ok, for starters, please excuse the dull photo and hideously awkward pose. This is the only one my camera clicked off before it's batteries decided to die... Luckily I did manage to crop out the marmite on the wall, the toast on the floor and also the excersaucer, toy, vacuum cleaner and empty cardboard box on the other side of me.


Moving on... I'm taking part in Clares new challenge. It has come at a much needed time. Style has always been a big thing to me but after having 2 babies I constantly find myself grabbing the trackies. It's just too easy, but it doesn't help lift the spirits when you are battling a baby with sleep problems and a "terrible" two-year old. So I decided recently I was going to start dressing for ME again. Just because I don't get up and go to work every morning and just because I often don't have to leave the house, doesn't mean I have to go day-to-day looking like a hermit.


So anyway here is my outfit this week:


Long sleeved merino tee, Glassons, (about 6 years old).
singlet, Glassons.
Leggings, from my sister in law in germany.
Belt, thrifted.
Skirt, me. (its my favourite dress, but ufortunately by post-Archer boobs are still too big to wear as a dress, so I folded the bodice underneath.).
Shoes, no.1 shoes.


Originally I wasn't wearing a belt, but when Finley's porse carer picked him up for the day, her 4 y.o son asked me if I was having another baby. Choice.

9 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! Your skirt/dress is just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit and you definitely don't look preggers lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I love the dress/skirt too! Thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahah got to love kids. A little kids said to me the other day 'You've got a big belly! ha ha!'. Charming.
    Love the skirt, that fabric is beautiful. Look fwd to seeing it as a dress come Summer too : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You. Look. Gorgeous. Seriously how could there be a mistaken-for-pregnant-belly under there?? I love that it's a simple outfit made super lovely with your dresskirt (skress?) and belt. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing! Love the skirt/dress (p.s. I think I'm going to have to steal that idea for my boobs-too-big dresses...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely didn't *need* to add the belt, because you'd never know you'd even had a baby, let alone two, however it finishes off your outfit perfectly :o) That skirt/dress is beautiful... love the floral pattern. Thanks for your encouragement... tomorrow is my Hubby's birthday so Abbey and I are going to make a real effort to dress up! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgy! And hilarious about the cropping out... always glad to see someone admit it so I don't feel like all alone when I try and do it too ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful Kristin, love that fabric...well done. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)