We are all still a bit fluey in our house today (well finley the boys are slowly getting over it... as you can see Archer is still very snotty! I'm trying to fight it off with multi-vitamins and raw garlic). Because of it, our usual friday morning coffee/play group catch up was out of the question. Instead I thought some baking was in order. I've made this slice about 4 times in the last 3 weeks, so I decided I may as well share it here. It's quick to prepare, easy peasy and Finley loves to help me make it by crushing up all the weetbix for me.
I stumbled across this recipe somewhere online but can't for the life of me remember where. If you recognise it I'd love to link back to the original, so let me know!
Chocolate Weetbix Slice:
125g butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
4 weetbix, crushed
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tblsp cocoa
Melt butter + golden syrup together over a low heat. Put dry ingredients into a bowl and then mix in melted butter mixture. Press mixture into a greased square slice tin and bake for 15mins at 180 degrees centigrade.
Mix 1 cup icing sugar, 1 tbsp cocoa, 2 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp water or milk together for icing. Spread over hot slice and cut into squares when cool.
YUM!
PS: New banner ~ let me know what you think?!
Oh yummy, that slice looks super tasty!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are all recovering albeit slowly, no fun watching the little ones sick.
Thankyou sooooo much for the wonderful parcel that arrived at our house today! We love everything and Ella had to take the Richard Scarry book out to lunch today! I'll post some blog pics soon. You are super sweet :) x
The new banner is super cute! I love it... I am working on a new one for my blog, drawing a little picture for it and hoping to get it finished soon.
ReplyDeleteI have a very similar recipe that I make, but it doesn't call for golden syrup. It is so yummy but obviously I don't often have weetbix on hand. There is a Canadian version of weetbix but it is hard to find :o(
Oh yum Kris, I still haven't made this yet but damn I want to right now (but no weet-bix!). . Hugs to you and the sick kids. Hopefully we're all good for next weekend feel like I haven't seen anybody in ages ! (exaggerate much, I know).. Take care xx
ReplyDeleteNew banner - looks great!
ReplyDeleteWeetbix slice - also looks great!
I feel a baking day coming on...
xo
Mum used to make something very similar to this when I was a kid, so I think I am going to have to try it to see if it tastes the same :)
ReplyDelete