Wednesday, August 25, 2010

wardrobe wednesday #2


I totally forgot about wardrobe wednesday this week, but I trust that no one wants to see snot encrusted trackpants anyway ( I've had all 3 of my boys sick over the last week and am just waiting on my turn.). So I made a bit more effort this morning, not much... but a little more. And please forgive the sour look... there really isn't poop under my nose, I'm just tired.


This is basically my go-to outfit (well, the items of clothing change, but the essential gist of it stays the same), when I'm in a hurry and just need to get dressed. The jeans are Insight, bought off trademe about 3 months after having Finley, when I was too small for my maternity clothes but still way to big for my pre-baby clothes. (I was a size 6 before I had him...). I'm not proud of being that small, I was quite sick and it wasn't until afterwards I realised it. I put on 25kgs while I was pregnant with him, and while I wasn't huge because of it, it did make me realise just how unhealthy I was before if my body needed to gain that much in order to have a healthy baby. But anyway back to the jeans... they're now 2 sizes too big and fall down everytime I pick up one of the kids, but I love how comfy they are so I keep wearing them. The cardi is from Jeanwest and about 100 years old. Well not really, but you know. The singlet is glassons (the same one I was wearing last week...) and I made the floral/ruffled top. The socks (hahahaha) are my favourite item of clothing right now. Knitted by my darling Mummy (yes I still call her that at times) they're so toasty... better than Ug-boots, but probably not as practical.


Whats this 'Wardrobe Wednesday" stuff all about?? Visit here to find out.

9 comments:

  1. I love the top, its so pretty, oh and the socks too. And there really is nothing like 2 sizes too big jeans for total comfort

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally inspirational!!
    subtle and feminine. i especially love the black frill combined with the floral....perfect!
    (i know about the snot thing too...i've had 4 kiddos with it. i think we could have filled a bathtub with snot by now. easily! hope you don't get it xo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, effortlessly cool comes to mind... I'm so trying harder before next week - thanks, you're helping me to up my game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look nice with your hair tied up like that :o) Love the floral/ruffled top you made... so soft and pretty. The socks rock. I love stripey socks... looks like there is even a pattern running through some of the stripes! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I looove your top, and your snuggly socks x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit and your socks too

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so LOVE your top and think you should post a tutorial for it so we can all have one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a pair of insight jeans too that I just love, have owned them for about 5 years and they are still a stable item in my wardrobe. Love the ruffle top too, super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the top too. I need to stop procrastinating and start making myself some summer clothes.
    And I wish my mum could knit socks so bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)