I know I said 2012 is going to be MY year and I have a few personal things listed on a piece of paper here but I thought I need to set a few creative goals for myself too first in order to get the mojo flowing again. My attempt to get myself out of this rut. I might share my other list soon but to be honest, this is the most important to me right now. And anyway there's always those summer goals too to keep things interesting... (some of which I've happily achieved and been too busy caught up in the holidays to record on camera, woops!).... if summer ever arrives properly, that is.
- spend at least an hour a day creating ~ this includes sewing, crochet, knitting, drawing or painting.
- make/finish at least one thing every week.
- use up my stash! I might not find it very inspiring right now but ideas will come the more I practice.
- sell online again. in order to push myself I need something to work towards/for.
- cut down the amount of clothes I am purchasing for the family. If I do need to purchase new, make sure they are essentials or things I will really struggle to make. (like jeans, which Luke and Finley both desperately need new pairs of).
- make most of the gifts we give this year. In previous years I managed this but I can't even count the handmade gifts I gifted in 2011 on one hand.
Just six things to get me started. some of them are quite big goalss really and I'd like them to stay achievable.
I can't wait until you starting sewing and selling online. I would love to buy something of yours! Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteHey hi just found your blog and wishing you all the best for 2012. I love your style by the way! xxx
ReplyDeleteHave just started following your lovely blog. Great way to start 2012 - with some goals! My first one is to bring my sewing machine out of the cupboard! Start small!
ReplyDeleteWendy :)
www.barkandbrioche.com