Thursday, March 24, 2011

peach picking

Finley eating peaches

Archer feasting

You'll be right if you thought I just disappeared off the face of the internet for a while. We popped off to Hastings for a few days to see Lukes sister who was up from Christchurch. While down there we did a bit of peach picking before the 'Pick Your Own' orchard closed off the peach trees for the season. Who can say no to Golden Queens for $1 a kilo! 18kgs of peaches later and we have two happy fruit loving boys. And of course they had a good munch straight off the trees too.

cheeky face




sunny hawkes bay sky

So neat to see Finley discovering where fruit comes from before it gets to the supermarket. Even though we don't live in the city I do get a little worried our boys will grow up as city kids, lacking the freedom and opportunity country and smaller town kids seem to have. It's really nice to be able to make the most of these opportunities when they pop up, even if it's just 15 minutes picking a few peaches.


And of course Finley couldn't go past these without checking them out...

fin and the big trucks


3 year old boy heaven!

(for more peach picking photo's check out this Flickr set)

6 comments:

  1. that last pic is mega awesomeness (he even matches the truck's colours!!) definitely one for his bedroom wall :)

    welcome back x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...peaches! Looks like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool buggy. By that I mean, awesome taste. As in, self-complimenting as well as complimenting. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at this pic thinking 'gee it looks like Hawkes Bay'. And it is! I can recognise my hometown anywhere (and now really hoping you don't say it's of somewhere else...). My father worked in the apple industry, and thus so did I, as a spritely 17 year old, some years ago now. Such pretty countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine ~ yes, It's Hastings. My lovely hubby also grew up there :o) Definatley the prettyist place in NZ (to me anyway).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)