I meant to share this recipe (or rather idea) a wee while ago but completely forgot about it. Ooopsie...
Basically they're pizza dough, rolled out, spread with cheese and rolled once more (to press the cheese into the dough) and then cut into fingers, rolled between your palms into worm shapes, left to rise a bit more for 10 to 15 mins and then baked in sets for 20 minutes at 200 to 220 centigrade.
This lot came out much shorter and fatter than I usually make because Finley was in charge of the worm rolling part. he also picked all the cheese off the top of them.... (kids and cheese huh?!)
They're really nice as an alternative to crackers dipped into hummus or pesto, or on there own. I throw them into Finleys lunchbox and Archer likes to teeth on them. In fact if you left the chees off and baked them at a lower temp for longer they'd be pefect little rusks for younger babies too (over 6 months of course).
I used the pizza dough in the edmonds cookbook for these but I am constantly changing which dough recipe I prefer so just go with whatever recipe you love.
This lot came out much shorter and fatter than I usually make because Finley was in charge of the worm rolling part. he also picked all the cheese off the top of them.... (kids and cheese huh?!)
They're really nice as an alternative to crackers dipped into hummus or pesto, or on there own. I throw them into Finleys lunchbox and Archer likes to teeth on them. In fact if you left the chees off and baked them at a lower temp for longer they'd be pefect little rusks for younger babies too (over 6 months of course).
I used the pizza dough in the edmonds cookbook for these but I am constantly changing which dough recipe I prefer so just go with whatever recipe you love.




Yummy!!! I think my cheese monster would do just the same as Finley ;)
ReplyDelete