Uh, yeah. Totally didn't mean to disappear like that, sorry. I just sorta went a bit flat after the weekend, well, after february actually. Crazy hectic busy month with loads going on including all 4 of our birthdays ( I was going to make a post on mine, but didn't get there...) loads of family/friends birthdays, a wedding, between that and the Earthquake in Christchurch last week (and a few other personal matters) it's been an emotionally and physically tiring month.
So yeah, anyway, an update on the last 7 days... (if anyone out there actually care what I've been up to. too bad if you don't, gonna tell ya anyway.)
~ we had Finny's 3rd birthday party, it was MADNESS
~ I turned 27
~ We got pre-approved for a mortgage which is YAY but it's not quite enough for a 3 bdrm place in Papamoa so that's a bit stink.
~ Archer said 'duck' and signed 'dog' for the first time
~ he also turned 13 months
~ I went on an op-shopping mission with the hubby for the first time in Te Puke. GOLD.
~ I've made plans for my first girls night out since Archer was born.
~I've been through my fabric cupboard 100 times searching for inspiration but with no luck. I haven't really sewn since before christmas and it's starting to show on my sanity.
I think thats about it. Here is a truckload of photo's form F's 'Big Boy' birthday party. I'll be back tomorrow with Boy Style Friday ~ promise :o)
~ I've made plans for my first girls night out since Archer was born.
~I've been through my fabric cupboard 100 times searching for inspiration but with no luck. I haven't really sewn since before christmas and it's starting to show on my sanity.
I think thats about it. Here is a truckload of photo's form F's 'Big Boy' birthday party. I'll be back tomorrow with Boy Style Friday ~ promise :o)

![]() |
| rainbow cake! instructions here I just used a buttercake recipe from the edmonds cookbook. |







that cake is AMAZING!! what a legend.
ReplyDeletehate hearing that you've been feeling flat and uninspired....which reminds me, i have fabric for you.!
not sure if you'll like it or not, but i think of you (for some reason) everytime i see it.
consider it a birthday present :) xo
i hear you!!!! Im am very much looking forward to winter,quieter times,warm fire,home made bread and soup. oh and did i mention peace and quite away from the busyness of lovely summer! and i too havent sewn in WAY to long!! =(
ReplyDeletexxx
ps happy birthdays!! AAAmazing cake!
happy birthday! and beautiful cake! I want to make one of those too :)
ReplyDeleteand mortgage pre-approval, how exciting, I'm quite jealous!
Happy Birthday, still so young!! And yay for the mortgage approval! Does that mean you're going to squeeze the boys into a single bedroom a la us.. Or don't say it, look outside Pap? P.S Pip's friends just bought a 3 bed just down from us for low $200k, needing heaps of reno but that's up Luke's alley.. They do come up, occasionally! Just got to be reeaaallly patient. p.p.s Cake was delish, and no noticeable food colouring backlash later that day either! x
ReplyDelete