One of the things I think I enjoy most about Finley's personality (he is an emotional soul who can be difficult to understand sometimes) is his artisticness and his love for creating things. Yesterday we had some time to waste while Archer had a nap on the couch (a long story for another day) and I wanted a nice quiet activity we could do while I was keeping an eye on the napper. We opted for watercolours for something a bit different. He's only used them once before and they are SO much tidier than regular paint, so I let him paint away to his hearts content.


a big yellow bus and a red circle
the purple splotch is a monkey apparently and I couldn't decipher the rest of this one.
a train (the red circles) with smoke and a yellow concrete truck
The yellow bus from above (our buses here are yellow) not sure of the rest
a little mixed media action going on.
I love how childrens artwork is so free and careless and nothing has to be a certain color. I also love how he has no quams about painting over the top of his carefully created bus and the way he really trys to hold the brush properly, so cute!





These are lovely...he's used so many bright colours with out mixing them into browns and he's used all the page. A talent there mama!
ReplyDelete