I don't know about other Mums but I sew quite a bit for my boys. I know many girl-mama's do but it seems less common in boy-mama's. I've noticed there is a lack of nice patterns around for cool stuff for boys and I was wondering how much interest there would be in a tutorial for taking a pattern off a t-shirt? Let me know in the comments and I might get something sorted for next week.
Anyway, this week both the boys are wearing something made by me (and they generally do 5 days out of 7).
(just in case you are wondering about A's expression, we have a grapevine on the fence covered in ripe but horribly sour grapes. Of course Archer loves them. Weird kid. and our compost doesn't usually hang open like that for little fingers to prod, promise!)
Archer:
Tee-shirt :: K-mart ($7 full price. I'm addicted to the place!)
Bloomer shorts :: Made by me.
I love little vintage styles bloomers on little boys, perfect for summer and a whole heap more practical the the ankle-length shorts around. I've lost count of the amount of times I found a pair of discarded shorts that had been 'crawled' off while Archer was crawling!
Finley:
T-shirt :: Made by me
Shorts :: Thrifted (Savemart)
Shoes :: Pumpkin Patch (on sale, $10 I think...)
When it comes to second hand clothing for bigger tots (can I still call a just turned 3 year old a tot? please?) I can't recommend Savemart enough. Most boys THRASH their clothes at this age upwards and most op-shops are full of very worn, stretched tee's. Savemart has its fair share of these, but I always seem to find something of fairly decent quality amongst the rubbish, even if it isn't as cheap as the Sallies.

Great idea Kristin! I particularly love the colour combo archer has going on! x
ReplyDeleteI'd love to see your tutorial. Particularly loving Archer's cute outfit :-)
ReplyDeleteYay, finally my internet is working properly and I can view photos! Love this new segment, totally inspiring - even if I do have a girl (btw can I jump on the bandwagon and do a little girl version? Pretty please?)... Love the way you dress your boys!
ReplyDeleteI too sew and thrift lots for my boys, boy clothes were a bit of a shock after two girls but have worked out a good mixture of vintage/thrift/ handmade and basics now. I do an outfit post each wed on my blog- it's the whole family but the boys outfits are at the bottom
ReplyDelete2girls1orca1pukeko.blogspot.com