Those who know me know that I love clothes. I love clothes for me, I love clothes for the boys. I have to confess that it really grinds me when I hear fellow mums of boys complaining about the lack of cool stuff for boys around. It seems o be a general belief that unless you want neutral and boring you have to spend loads of money. That and it seems that many mums have no imagination when it comes to dressing boys! I am constantly getting compliments on what my boys wear and I thought it might be nice if I make it a regular feature and share with you all some of their wardrobes. Not boring in the least and most certainly not expensive (we live on a VERY tight budget). I'm a huge fan of sale shopping and I like to buy cool stuff in bigger sizes to put away for when the boys are bigger. Kids grow so fast and it doesn't really matter if something is a couple of seasons old. I know that there is a huge movement to non-chinese made or mass produced, and I'd love to be able to buy a Mintie Hoodie for Finley or a pair of cute little Havaiana jandals for Archer, but to be honest, what single income family with more than one child can afford to dress their kids soley in that lovely stuff? I'm hoping that I can help provide a bit of inspiration to other boy-Mama's especially those without loads of expendables, like us.
Finley spent a lot of time in his undies and in his PORSE clothes this week but I love that he chose this shirt himself this morning.

Finley:
shirt: cotton on kids - $10 on sale
shorts: t&t $13 on sale
jandals: cotton on kids $7.50 on sale
(please excuse the terrible photos of A, his is contantly on a mission these days!)
Archer:
Tshirt: gift (from t&t)
Overalls: Salvation Army $3
Shoes: Salvation Army $1


awesome! can't wait to see more of this series :)
ReplyDelete...agree, love to see more of your finds for little guys : )
ReplyDeleteI do find it very hard to find boy's clothes, luckily my in laws live in the UK and send us lots of the Cherokee brand things. I have to get into op-shopping regularly. I am missing out on so many things from what I can see :D
ReplyDeleteGorgeous boys btw!
Look forward to getting some ideas from you. Am new to this buying for boys lark and definitely notice less variety than in girls clothes. That said, if you look in the right places there is good stuff (as you are proving!)
ReplyDeleteCool idea, I find it just as much fun dressing boys as I do dressing a girl. I still love those shoes, great A. is getting great wear out of them. xx
ReplyDelete