Sunday, January 16, 2011

sunday

Archer at Pilot Bay. Mt Maunganui

Finley at Pilot Bay. Mt Maunganui

orca pod

Today we decided to make the most of the beautiful weather, brave the hoards and hit the beach down at Mt Maunganui. We took the boys for a bit of a fish off the warf at Pilot Bay. It was so HOT and the rod was soon abandoned in favour of a dip. Finley got brave and went deeper than he ever has before ~ he is a little scared of the ocean and I think the little beach low tide provided was a perfect place for him to gather some confidence.

We were also surprised with a distant visit from some Orca further out in the harbour, which Finley was fascinated with... as was I, chasing them halfway around the mount...

How was your weekend??
xo

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous pics! how did you get the border on them? photoshop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, how awesome to see those orca!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)