Thursday, January 6, 2011

Project Restyle week 1

dress made from a vintage sheet

Finley and I

vintage sheet - before


dress made from vintage sheet, I adapted this tutorial a little for the cowled neckline. Ok, I have to confess I've cheated a little for this first week... I made this dress to wear for Christmas day. 'Cos everyone likes a new dress for Christmas don't they?

Wondering what this Project Restyle stuff is about?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kris, you're looking gorgeous! I went and made almost this exact dress last week except with v-neck, my first dress (!), mine was via a tute on Prudent Baby http://www.prudentbaby.com/2010/04/most-flattering-shirt-dress-diy.html. Now so keen to sew more more and am specially keen on shirring but need to get to the oppy for some vintage sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! And who would have thought from a sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw, I'm a really bad seamstress so this is really inspiring to me. (too hard for me for sure)

    Found your blog from the flickr page. Your "about me" describes me as well. You have a new follower. : )

    - Carly

    www.lifewiththelittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)