Friday, November 12, 2010

a little bit of whimsy

a little bit of whimsy

a little bit of whimsy

a little bit of whimsy

a little bit of whimsy

I bought some ring blanks off Trademe earlier in the week, with intent on making some christmas presents for friends and (the few of us that there are) a couple of female family members. They arrived yesterday and I was so excited by them (and impatient) I didn't even wait to get some epoxy glue, I just got cracking and made this ring for myself. I am really happy with how it turned out, Ilove anything whimsical and a little bit quirky and I can see myself making a few of these, one in every colour! (ahem... how many rings is too many??). I was on cloud nine, revelling in my creative genius, til I stumbled across these this afternoon. Maybe not such a genius afterall.

Confession: I am the worst nail biter I know. Please don't look at my hands too hard. I am hoping you will all be distracted by my pretty pretty wedding/engagement ring set in the first picture. And no I won't wear the bow on that hand, it was just tricky to get a photo on the other hand with my heavy camera. But as you can see, I got there.

7 comments:

  1. That little bow ring is super cute! What a lovely gift idea... and actually I did notice immediately how pretty your engagement/wedding rings were :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. again, too cute.
    (can i please be a surrogate female family member this christmas?? please, please??)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps i cant get into your Email address thru your blog? its there but wont let me view,maybe my computer,can you please email me so i have yours re chistmas deco swapsie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Very lovely! I'm a nailbiter too...yours don't look bad at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so adorable...love the colour. Nothing is new under the sun....we all get ideas off each other, sometimes I can't recall where inspiration has come from. They will make wonderful Xmas pressies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think yours are cuter. and your fingernails are no worse than mine, and at least your hands aren't covered in scratches and burns! I must be the clumsiest person I know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)