Yes, I've been knitting again. With this machinists contract looming over my head I just can't get the motivation to get the machine set up for personal sewing, so my creative energies have been channelled to the needles.
If you've been following for a while, you might remember that I've had the Camilla Babe on my to-knit list for quite some time now. And when I came across the SOFTEST cashmere/wool blend in spotlight on sale for just $1.50 a ball (??!! I know right?!), I knew it would be perfect and couldn't say no.
Ravelry details here.
Ravelry details here.

I'm super pleased with how it came out, even though it's not exactly the sunshine yellow I'd been dreaming of. I think grey is probably a softer colour for a winter baby boy anyway... well that's what I'm telling myself!

I also came across this 4ply wool while in spotlight the same day for amazingly cheap too, so it came home also. I'm not a huge fan of knitting such fine yarn with my clumsy fingers but I got there in the end and even though my tension is not the most consistent, at least it will help keep our little winter-bug warm. The pattern is from this book, which I photocopied while I was cooking Archer. And then never made when I realised it was for 4ply.


Another thing I have on my 'to knit' list is lots of warm hats for our little winter boy. Hats weren't really a major issue with my summer boys, whom I was trying to keep cool, not warm, so the couple I do have in itty bitty sizes are just not warm enough, even for our mild winters!
I've made this one as a 'first hat' for baby to wear when he first comes into the world. I thought the cashmere would be perfect against delicate newbie skin... oh how I can't wait to snuggle that skin...

And lastly, I've had my eye on this book for a while and finally got my hands on the copy from our local library.I think I love it so much that I am going to have to get my own copy!
This helmet and the booties below are just two of the things I've wanted to make from it.
ravelry details here. and here for the booties
This helmet and the booties below are just two of the things I've wanted to make from it.
ravelry details here. and here for the booties


Even with all of this knitting, I've only scratched the surface of the list of things I want to make for this wee Pepi! Next time I promise I won't bore you with a huge long post of it all and will try and share as I finish.
Hopefully I'll get onto some other makings too sooner or later and postings about things other than baby stuff ~ but as the lovely Dee so aptly told me a few days ago, my head is in my Uterus! Sorry!! :o)
What great work! With the weather being terrible here at the moment I really should get into some knitting. I have that book (vintage knits for modern babies) - it's awesome aye?
ReplyDeleteAnd I like when you post a whole lot of stuff you've made at once, it makes it really impressive!
trust me, your head will be there for a lonnng time yet too! (mine's only just coming out of that space now. ..oh! hello world. and other children~~!)
ReplyDeleteyou're amazing with your knitting. so much gorgeousness!!! i LOVE that jumper. and the helmet hat! and the socks/boots!! gah, so much loveliness.
clever lady.
X