Friday, March 30, 2012

some painting for baby

IMG_8993

Lately I've been so busy and pre-occupied with work/housework/visiting family/having house-guests/being pregnant that I've not had much energy for 'fun stuff' with the boys, other than reading or sitting in one spot playing duplo, lego, playdough etc. The guilts have been eating away at me for a while, so this morning I decided to put the other things in life on hold and do some kiddie-craft.

We cracked open a couple of packets of cotton body suits I bought on sale at The Warehouse a few weeks ago at I let the boys at them with some fabric paint!

IMG_8967

IMG_8964

In the time it took Finley to intricately paint one lovely bodysuit, Archer had scrawled his mark on three!! So funny to watch them approach the same task so differently. In the end I had to distract Arch with some crayons and paper, so Finley could finish up another!

IMG_8994

IMG_8995

IMG_8996

IMG_8997

IMG_8998 

It's such a lovely way for the boys to make a little gift to welcome their new sibling... Finley was especially proud of his two and can't wait to see them on his baby! 


5 comments:

  1. What an amazing present! Awesome idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what beautiful big brothers! so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea - how have I not thought of this? One question though- where does one find fabric paint?

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look great :)
    i love the shades of the paint you guys used.
    good job!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fantastic idea, they will be so proud to see them on baby. Good stuff mama!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)