Wednesday, April 4, 2012

twenty nine weeks **wardrobe wednesday**

29 weeks

29 weeks

To be honest, at first I wasn't convinced by the knit maxi-dress trend that was pretty huge around these parts this summer. That was until I saw the most radiant pregnant woman in one about 3 weeks ago, while I was at the supermarket. To be fair, she was one of those types who manage to stay tiny-slim besides their bump and are blessed with small bosoms even at the height of pregnancy (oh how I envy small busted women!).

Anyway seeing this gorgeous lady completely changed my opinion and yesterday I shouted myself to two new dresses. One I'm not sure about (turns out viscose knit + muffins and cellulite are not the worlds most attractive sight.). But I am totally in love with this cotton -elastane one. Oh so comfy!  On the downside though, the hubby is yet to be converted - apparently in his eyes, long black dresses are only appropriate for Tangi. Can't win 'em all huh??

outfit details :: dress, the warehouse. cardi, glassons a few years ago. belt, kmart. jandals, old faves. necklace, combo of pendants gifted to me as a kid. hair, in desperate need of a trim.... !!

And here's an extra bit of cute for your wednesday morning...



finny hearts his baby

Joining in over here ::


(where I also have to say a special thank you to Miriam for picking me as last months prize winner!)

8 comments:

  1. That looks so comfortable, and I bet you get heaps of different looks from the one dress. The accessories really make it individual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great. I think you can team black with softer or brighter colours to lessen the mourning effect. Love that last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks fabulous! I reckon a dress like that is a great base for lots of different looks. Love that belly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so gorgeous!
    that dress looks AMAZING (and nice touch with the cardi to cover any potential muffins /wink)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look STUNNING in that dress! I've been wanting to make a long black (or grey) maxi dress for ages.

    Kinda forgot about the option to buy one... haha

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress looks amazing on you! (I tried one on not too long ago and hooo boy it was not pretty. ) love it paired with the cardi and belt too - gives it a little something different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh the black maxi - a pregnancy staple around these parts. You are glowing x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)