We are on a super-limited budget when it comes to 'stuff' for Junebug. Which is one of the reasons I am super thankful to be having another boy ~ we already have the majority of stuff we need! One of the things I had hoped to buy was a new/old dresser for his bedroom but some emergency dental work, thanks to my teeth has put a stop on that (as well as a few other purchases I had planned for the near future!). So instead of dwelling, I settled on a temporary solution and stole the banged up dresser sitting in our garage, previously housing Lukes hunting & fishing garb. After a wash, polish and a little bit of white paint, it's looking a little bit better ~ but that middle draw is definitely still a tad on the sad side. Looking at it again just now, I may just have to 'invest' in a test pot to paint the whole middle draw a feature colour... plenty of time to decide though!
Oh that pirate ship is totally gorgeous!! what a great idea.
ReplyDeletetoo cute~ :)
ReplyDeleteand i reckon a feature drawer would totally work.
You're such a clever clogs - this is a terrific and yet simple lift to this most useful of drawers and the idea of a feature drawer is inspired.
ReplyDeleteHappy day!
Love the little boat! Great idea :)
ReplyDeleteSuper cute, and I agree - a feature drawer sounds fab, maybe even just plain white?
ReplyDeletei love those oldschool draws!
ReplyDeleteYou're clever! And good on you for being thrifty. I reckon a feature drawer would look great - you could even do it in black board paint (a la the beautiful mess tutorial) and then if you ever felt like it you could have little chalk arrows saying things like 'socks' , 'T-shirts' etc. (I think I need something like this as my husband is always asking 'which drawer is are the singlets/ socks etc in?') :) Jenny
ReplyDeletecute!!!
ReplyDeletewe STILL don't have enough drawers for our kids, they share a set between two and hub and I still have ones from when we were kids...haha sad
You could get a tested scahet of wood stain to match from a diy store for a coup,e of dollars and colour in the damaged bit, but I'm liking the white middle drawer idea-and the white on wood drawing is adorable and very cool x
ReplyDeleteThat is fabulous :)
ReplyDeleteThat is fantastic. Love the ship. Cx
ReplyDelete