Friday, April 13, 2012

what I wore - plus a few other things...

details :: dress, thrifted and restyled. shoes, thrifted. necklace, pinched from my Mum (with permission!). belt, kmart. belly, 30wk + 2d.


Sometimes, when you've been up all night, both the kids have snotty colds and you have toothache eating away at your sanity and a thousand other things playing on your mind, it's nice to NOT go for the easy option (trakkies!!) and put on a pretty dress instead. Today was one of those days. This dress has definitely become one of my 'go to' favourites and I love that even with my ever-growing belly I can still fit it. Although I do have to confess to some safety-pin action holding the button front together...

In other things, I've been considering signing up for this challenge, but I'm unsure I will have the energy as June-bugs D-Day draws nearer. I love the idea but don't know if I'd actually keep up with it.

I've been having a few issues with overwhelming anxiety lately. I've had an emotional overload. Not sure if it is the reality of being responsible for 3 boys hitting home, or the worry about whether Luke will manage keep his job if his work decide to lay off staff after they have a major review in June, or the constant financial burdens that keep cropping up (like my teeth!). Either way I think I need to invest in some rescue remedy and an 'It's Ok' banner like the one in this post.

Also, I feel the need to add that in the pics up there I am make-up less and I've had about 4 hours sleep. Maybe a little more. I also trimmed my own fringe this morning because as well as my irrational fear of the dentist, right now I also don't trust hairdressers. Don't judge!

4 comments:

  1. I feel ya! With the lack of sleep and the financial stress. Babies are marvellous and amazing but when they get bigger, damn they're expensive and also, not so conducive to uninterrupted sleep. You look lovely btw, even if you've only had four hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello pretty puku!! I think lack of sleep will do that to anyone! I so hear you on old mr dentist front! I just spent approx $800 at the bloody place! thats 5 years of not going catching up on me! Money we had put away for tax! neato! Hope you feel awesome again real soon! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous in that dress (and I love that you'll be able to wear it when breastfeeding too!).

    As for anxiety - rescue remedy works wonders and I always encourage my yoga students (and myself) to mentally repeat: "i am here now, now I am here." - helps you to stay in the moment and not get overwhelmed by "what ifs" x

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute frock!

    ... and you are looking fabulous and not at all like a sleep deprived, baby growing mama!

    rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)