Thursday, December 15, 2011

berry picking

So I might have cheated a little when I wrote out my goals yesterday, having already been berry picking this past weekend. BUT it is something we want to do regularly this summer. Especially when the wild blackberries start to fruit early next year ~ I have vision of stocking our freezer full of them and dreams of blackberry and apple crumble to warm our bellies next winter.

On Saturday morning we braved the unpromising weather forecast and made the drive over to Whakatane to visit Julians Berry Farm, where the boys were in their elements amongst the strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and ranui berries.


boys at the berry farm


Archer berry boy 


yum!

After we'd filled our containers (and put a few in our bellies!) and treated the boys to blackberry ice-creams, we headed home. But not without stopping for Fish and Chips on the beach on the way (complete with sand thrown in, thanks to a certain almost 2 year old...).

These are the sort of days that make me think summer isn't so bad.

f & c!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)