Saturday, December 18, 2010

a tale of 2 bicycles

The concorde back in september

Back in September, the husband and I stumbled across this beauty in an our Salvation Army store for $30. Immaculate condition Concorde. For $30. I have to say it again, $30!! I instantly fell in love and we bought her home. I had grand plans. White tyres and handlebar grips, a wicker basket, pannier bags, a baby seat. I was going to be ready to roll and it was my ticket to FREEDOM (for those of you who don't know, I don't drive). We fiddled with it desperately trying to get the seat low enough for my average stature, but a couple of weeks ago I finally admitted that this lady was made for somebody with height. And I just wasn't going to be confident riding her with a bubba behind me ~ the inability to put my foot flat on the ground when I stop has the potential to end up very untidy!

Yesterday morning, Luke (who had the day off work) surprised me with a very lovely early Christmas present! I am so spoilt, and I love it to pieces and it is all my dreams come true (although after taking her for a bit of a spin this arvo ~ yes, in the rain ~ she could do with a couple of gears... or maybe I should just admit that I am incredibly unfit!). The only catch? I have to give up the Concorde so she can be fitted with a surfboard rack. You see, Luke is of a much taller breed than I. Oh well!
an early christmas present

EEEEP!! Luckyist girl this Christmas for sure.

the Radius has her maiden voyage

She even matches my shoes. Perfect.

(please ignore my hideous fringe-action in both photos, yikes!)

2 comments:

  1. I just about shrieked when I saw that sweet, sweet ride! You really are a lucky girl. I'd love to know where he got it from, just for future gift hinting reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo I love that bike...and your outfit, very cool. Nice blog too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! I try to reply to as many as I can so please check back. :o)