We are off for a week tomorrow to the sunny Hawkes Bay, so I thought I'd just leave you with a list update seeing as I haven't done one in a very long while. And yes, sorry it's a pictureless post. And also please, if you know a baby who will fit this hat, then don't forget to enter my giveaway!
26 before 27:
1/. Learn to drive and pass my restricted licence. (yes I know... 26 and don't drive... it's terrible). am pretty shocking here... procrastination and excuse central.
2/. Do a maket or 2 with Squidgyums. one down, one still being considered.
3/. Start saving properly. Aim for $5000. AHAAHA, this is laughable, but on the upside, kiwisaver has it well covered.
4/. Knit Luke something. Have chosen a pattern just can't afford the wool.
5/. STOP BITING NAILS! yeah, nah.
6/. Visit one of my besties, Steph in Wellington. I've known her since I was 10. Her new bubba is a day older than Archer and we went through our pregnancies together long-distance. It's pretty neat. saw her at craft 2.0, but may get down again? not sure about this one.
7/. Run 10kms... maybe even 15. have been running twice. all I can say is that it isn't the best plan for a lactating woman with out affecting her supply. Am rethinking the whole thing.
8/. Sew myself 20 items of clothing (eeks!!). ummm 1 down. (yikes).
9/. Sew Luke 10 items of clothing (thinking big here). yeah, nah.
10/. Learn to surf on a longboard. Don't have to be able to win pro championships... just an attempt to get over my fear of the water. noooope. water too darn cold for this!
11/. Go camping somewhere I haven't been before. summer.
12/. Go on 3 walks I've never done. eg: Sentinal Rock, Kaimai's. nooope.
13/. Paint 2 paintings for the house. noooope.
14/. See a movie at the movies (it's been 3 years!). yeah, nah.
15/. Put together Fin's photo album/s. halfway there.
16/. Put together Archer's photo albums/s. started and then Finley attacked the album, destroying half the photo slip in bits...grr.
17/. Knit Finley an jumper (and finish it!!). about halfway done.
18/. Turn off the T.V at night for 4 nights a week (unless it's a movie Luke and I will watch together... that counts as couple time to me!). been pretty good with this one, it gets turned off at least 2 nights a week, which is better than nothing.
19/. Pass on 5 random gifts of kindness. one down, 4 to go. and have no idea what to do!
20/. Take Finny to Napier Aquarium. next week... yay!
21/. Do something social-wise to force me out of my comfort zone (I'm painfully shy in person). Done. I went to stitch & bitch at Rhiannon's without knowing anyone.
22/. Take Finny to Hamilton Zoo. (it's closer than Auckland, more suitable for a daytrip with a little bubba). Done
23/. Sew Finny 10 items of clothing. yeah, nah.
24/. Sew Archer 10 items of clothing (gonna be busy sewing!). 2 down.
25/. Transfer all my recipes into 1 book. yeah, nah.
26/. Become more organised!! eg: menu planning, clean out junk cupboard etc. Have donated 3 big black rubbish sacks to the oppy's, have started keeping to-do lists, have cleaned out my fabric, organised my buttons by colour and am currently pricing out storage options for my 'Squidgyums' hoodies/supplies to create a sewing area for me in our garage.
So yeah. Not doing the greatest, but getting there.
See you in a week or so!
*Giggles* your little update comments are funny :o)
ReplyDeleteThat list reminds me of me... I have a list a mile long of way over-ambitious goals and things I want to make! Oh well... we have the rest of our lives to get it all done, I guess :o)
Hope you are having a lovely break away and that the weather is nice!